Thursday, February 01, 2018

Life Asked Death...

Life asked death, “why do people love me but hate you?”, death responded, “because you are a beautiful lie and I am a painful truth.” -author unknown

[This was posted Spring 2018]


It's been about 5 months since my Mom died and in many ways I'm still shell shocked by her sudden demise.
Last night the Olympics started and it was just another trigger, another figurative nail in the coffin that my Mom is dead.  And I won't ever get to watch the Olympics with her again.  Baba's been having a go of it with losing Mom too. It is almost like a delayed reaction to Mom's death and I'm doing the best that I can to be a source of comfort to her. No one in their 90s should have to deal with such a loss. The only comfort we both take is she doesn't have to live with this knowledge much longer where as I (if I'm lucky enough healthwise) to live another 40 or 50 years without my Mom.
I miss her terribly, not a day goes by that I don't think of her. And most days I still cry because how could I not? She was my Mom and such a force of life. Losing her has been the most painful thing that's ever happened to me.
But slowly I'm coming back to semblance of vivacity. I'm still very anti social and being in chronic pain doesn't help. 
On Valentine's day this year, much to my Sweetheart chagrin and protest I'm off to Florida for work. I'm kind of looking forward to the trip. And I'm kind of dreading it too. I'm in no mood to make small talk with numerous people I don't know and probably never see again.
And I'm concerned that with the chronic pain I've been in and staying with a friend of a friend that I will be at the mercy of other people's schedule. Which is something I hate as well.
Nonetheless the change of scenery from the city and my home town will be a welcome respite.
In other news, work is going really well. I am pleased to have several teachers such as myself who constantly want to upgrade their craft and knowledge of the language as well as teaching methods and course content. I have always been a fan of collaboration.  Be it at work, or when I would film a short movie or at a Deaf camp of sorts. Two or more heads always better than one.
I am also making more of an effort to receive professional development training via 1 on 1 instruction. What I've been doing is looking at workshops available at my school and then contacting whoever is in charge of giving said workshop. Recently I took "Creative PowerPoint" which was really handy for my lesson plans. I'm also looking into more administrative training as well.
I used to say I was lucky to have the job that I do. I don't say that anymore because it wasn't luck, it was the hard work and dedication I've given to my job for the last 10 plus years! I'm learning as time goes by not to underestimate myself. I am a damn good teacher and program coordinator, I was a wonderful daughter to my Mom, I am loving and kind to my family and friends and my Sexy German too.

No comments: