Sunday, February 18, 2018

The Sunshine State

I had such a good time these last 2 days and met so many cool folks here at the ASL professional development conference in Tampa, Florida!
I'll admit I wasn't sure if I wanted to go, it's been hard for me since my Mom passed away 5 months ago.
I'm still grief stricken but at the same time maybe I've turned a corner too?
I just need time. It's hard to learn to live your life without your biggest fan and support system. I loved my Mom so much I couldn't imagine a better one than mine. Her absence has devastated me so I'm still picking up the pieces.
This weekend, the conference, the wonderful people I got to meet or see old faces, all the information I learned and so forth in a way is helping me put those pieces back together again.
I'm glad I took a chance and went outside my comfort zone. And I look forward to attending the next ASL professional development conference in the Fall of 2018!

No comments: