Friday, May 10, 2019

Jeopardy's Final Answer

The rain to the wind said, ‘You push and I’ll pelt.’ They so smote the garden bed that the flowers actually knelt, and lay lodged–though not dead. I know how the flowers felt. -Robert Frost

I knew my Mom would be so pleased that I knew the Final Answer on Jeopardy earlier this week which was "Who was Frost?"

I love quotes and poetry as they have a wonderful quality to pinpoint and relate to with whatever you're going through. Words add eloquence to the shared human experiences. 

Found some tonight about how I'm feeling at this time.

You just do it. You force yourself to get up. You force yourself to put one foot before the other, and God damn it, you refuse to let it get to you. You fight. You cry. You curse. Then you go about the business of living. That’s how I’ve done it. There’s no other way. – Elizabeth Taylor

Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings. -Salvador Dali

I must get my soul back from you; I am killing my flesh without it. -Sylvia Plath

No comments: