Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Apollo Theatre

The other night at the Apollo Theatre was
a free panel discussion about careers on
and off Broadway. Martin ask me to go with
him. It was neat to enter the famous theater
the same one that has breathed life into
many famous performers. Unfortunately Martin
did not want to stay because he had
misunderstood and thought this was a Deaf
based event with Deafies on the panel. Not
hearing folks with an ASL terp. After 15 mins
or so we left. It was too dark for him anyways.
I didn't mind because I was just happy to see
him and catch up. Its awesome having a
Jewish friend here in NYC. We are already
going to 2 different Hannukah related
events in early December. Potato latkas here
I come! Give me some sour cream and apple
sauce and I am good to go!

Last weekend Jack & I went to the Greek
Bazaar with David, Nancy & Bobby. As
usual we had to wait in line for like an
hour. By the time we go into the main
area to sit down and eat our Greek
food I was famished! I literally inhaled
my pistichio (sp?)! Jack of course didn't
want his. As far as I was concerned
that was just dandy, more for me!
We didn't stay too long afterwards simply
because Jack's back was acting up and
my head was ringing from a small head
cold. Still it was nice to attend again.

I am happy to say my cold is gone now.
I thank Baba for the clementines she sent
back with me. Along with dry mango, delish!
Both loaded with a ton of vitamin Cs!

Well I am really looking forward to
Thanksgiving and a few days of R&R.

Also today my bastard kitty, Tom had
surgery on his paw. He has had a chronic
infection for a few years now that we
decided as a family to have part of his
paw removed. I am worried because he
is 15 yrs old. I hope it isn't too much of
a shock for him? I am ever grateful to
Baba & Mom for taking care of him.
I swear the next apt I move to must
be cat friendly! I can't stand being apart
from him anymore. Its been about 3 yrs
now and when I dream, I dream of Tom.
He's been with me since I was 21 yrs old!

Well I am off to teach a class tonight, ciao!

No comments: