Wednesday, December 05, 2007

My Boss is so Sweet

Today for my class that I teach in NJ,
my boss came to observe me teaching.
At the end of class all of her feedback was
positive. She really liked that I used power
points and the online blackboard for my
students to access the information they
need. I gotta admit I love the online Black-
board, its user friendly and environment
friendly. Anyways she gave me 1 piece of
advice for a teaching method for class
activity, to have the students create 2
rows where they stand face to face and
do the lesson exercise, then move down
1 space to face a new partner. That's
exactly what I needed. Often when I
ask the students for them 2 work with
someone new they stick to the same few
people. This suggestion will force them
to interact outside their "comfort zone."

But the nicest thing she did was give me
a copy of the book "Talking Hands" by
Margalit Fox. (Baba told me about this
new book last fall). Anyways the author
came to the school where I worked last
week and gave a presentation. I wasn't
able to attend due to other conflicts.
My boss even had the author autograph
the book for me including it being addressed
to me. Wasn't that so nice of her. All the
ASL teachers received a copy. I gave her
several hugs bc I was so taken back by her
surprise. I kept thanking her. And I look
forward to reading it maybe over winter
break. I know Baba will want to.

Last night Jack and I had a lovely dinner of
cheese tortillenis, with Vodka sauce and a
good bottle of Pignot Noir (red wine). Baba
got me hooked on this type of wine over
Thanksgiving. Its milder than Merlot which
suits my taste buds better.

Brr, its so cold today you can see your breath
materialize in the air, nice brisk weather!

No comments: