Sunday, May 09, 2010

Summer plans

This coming summer will be the 1st
summer in probably 15 years or more that I
have off. You see normally I work my pt media
tech job during the summer which I enjoy. But
after doing 2009 taxes, I am actually costing
myself money to work. Duh, that's stupid.
So, this summer will be the 1st time I can
pretty much do whatever I want. Yep, I
actually saved. Not like a squirrel right
before winter. No, more like I've saved (or
will have by mid-June when operation
Summer Break begins) to pay my rent
and biggest bills till the end of Sept.
This is extremely liberating. To have time
at my fingers and a little money to do it
too!

As of now here's my exciting summer
agenda.

1- volunteer for a good friend of mine at
Deaf-blind camp mid June
2- attend a Deaf timberfest late June
3- attend the ASL Terped Lady Gaga
concert in July
4- volunteer for a Deaf kids camp
in August

And I am also looking forward to seeing
my friend's new baby. She recently
got married too. I've known her mostly
pre, not post (marriage/kid) so I am
curious to be with her with all these
new and exciting changes.

Contemplating on seeing if my
Aunt Nancy and I could do a little
thrift shop tour over a 2-3 day car
trip somewhere within driving
distance of PA. I have this book
called "Roadside America" with a list
of all the cheesy/cult-y/campy museums
and tourist attraction id love to thumb
throw along our way. I figured some
time in July? What say you Nancy?

As you can see im pretty hyped about
having time to visit my family, friends
and do these amazing fun stuff too!
My soul sure is craving it!

No comments: