Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Being misunderstood....

In the past year or so I have had the irony on more than one occasion to basically be told whatever achievement/progress/improvements I've made are the result of
-being at the right place at the right time in other words lucky
-being too aggressive
-being an ass kisser
in other words it wasn't the time or energy or the active effort to make the needed changes in my life that contributed to my success it was any of the above.
-or this one I just love, is a result of them being in my life. Granted having them in my life always enhances it but please do not delude yourself into thinking you are why my life has gotten better. My life got better because I was in a miserable wretched relationship for 5 plus years and being free of that and having the will to change is what brought about changes.
Let me be clear, yes I had help along the way but that is because I asked for help and reciprocated to the best of my abilities or above and beyond. I don't claim to be perfect or without flaws, weaknesses but I don't need to tout all that I do in order to make little and big victories.
I sometimes think even though I am a talker, I like to be quiet and listen/see what the other is saying? I think people sometimes mistaken me being receptive to me being I suppose uninformed so when I do ask a question they can be condescending at times. Ugh, I have a lot of patience but even I run out of nice-nice mojo. Plus I don't like one sided conversations where the person just drones on and on to build up their ego rather than to connect.
I am ready for my trip out of town to see the family. A break from a certain someone is long overdue

No comments: