Saturday, September 10, 2022

On The Mend

Today or tonight will mark 4 weeks since I broke my ankle. Last night I hobbled a few blocks to cvs and back home and was wiped out! It is a slow recovery but I'm getting better! I no longer use any mobile aids like computer chair with wheels or knee scooter! But the walking boot is just too heavy and I'll be using the splint when I go out anywhere!
The swelling has gone down a lot along with the bruising. I think I'm healing quite nicely. 
I really appreciate the support and love I got from my friends who checked in on me often.
I'm hoping by October to be back to my old self!
In the meantime I plan to order walking sticks! This was the 2nd time I fell in a 1 year period and I can't be falling again! Parkinson runs in my family and one of the earliest symptoms is shuffling and not picking up your feet high enough! I'm not sure I'll see the rheumatologist on the 20th right before I see ortho that same day and office. I pray my next xray shows I'm healing! I don't want surgery!

No comments: