Monday, September 05, 2022

The Society

From Netflix's The Society a modern 'Lord of the Flies" type of series which was sadly canceled due to the pandemic 

"Even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until in our own despair and against our will comes wisdom by the awful grace of God." It's a quote by Aeschylus, an ancient Greek tragedian, and what the quote asks of the audience is to look inward at times of tragedy and examine how you got to this place; it's about not looking for revenge for one's suffering, but about learning from it.

This summer was up until the end of July a really great! Played in 2 different Deaf Poker tournaments. Got my work done by the end of June and met with my teachers the remainder of the summer as well as a few interviews and hiring. I love my job!

Then end of July I got some upsetting news. Fast forward 2 weeks later I broke my ankle! Gah! I immediately fell into a pit of despair and it took a while to rebound from that. I'm still slowly getting back on track. 

Today I finished my fall syllabus and class schedule and caught up on work emails so today despite being labor day I worked the afternoon.

Not much else new to report other than I miss my Mom and Baba so much. No one loves you like your family (that's if you're lucky to have a good and loving family)! Some of the nicest people I know had terrible parents! And I feel sorry for anyone who wasn't told how much they were loved by! I sure was and it has to be enough til I get to be with them again. 

No comments: