Wednesday, June 06, 2007

And then some...

Folks, I apologize, lately I have been working everyday either teaching ASL at the SLC, private tutoring, the Bronxs and now I've just been asked to start teaching a class on Thursdays by a different organization :) Its a great feeling to know there's steady work for me for a change. I havent been working at the Media center for a while now. That's another reason for my lack of blog postings.

Last night I watched the cult classic Silent Running starring Bruce Dern in 1971. I was disappointed with the ending but in many ways it reminded me of Space Odessy 2001. The pace of the movie, the hippie/folksy soundtrack with Joan Benz etc etc.. If you like sci-fi classics and don't mind a slower pace, then definitely take the time to see this flick.

As for the DVD curriculum, Rusty, Bianca and I are currently working on 1 unit prototype to hammer out the kinks and to create a standard format to use for the curriculum as a whole. We hope to start photographing soon. We got our work cut out!

Last night hung out with Eddie, Blondie and Jack. We had a nice visit. I also booked my plane ticket for Portland, Maine where I will fly to in another week to visit Ronnie and her baby boy! I am sooo excited to finally see her! Its been too long and besides I just love Maine! I'll be attending a sushi party with 19 other deafies. We will be paired up and instructed on how to make sushi rolls. I can't wait! I need a change of scenery from NY. I love it here but sometimes, you gotta get away to reset your mind.

Today marks 1 year that Jack and I have been dating. It was a bumpy year with lots of highs and lows. I think overall we've reached a place that is comfortable for us both. We plan to celebrate this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Jen!

was worried about your blogs i so crave everyday for a bit *grin*
Glad to see that youre steadily busy and having a good time with everyone. Anyway have a good trip to Maine! T'care and i miss ya like fucking hell :)

-J