Thursday, March 05, 2009

What's your inner BEAST?

According to quizilla and youthink

my inner beast is the Werewolf:

The Werewolf is the symbol for Spiritual Paths. You have the soul of a wolf inside you, which makes you warm and caring to those you love.

Strengths: Protection is a number one priority, and therefore you always gaurd the ones you love and keep tight bonds with your pack mates. Loyalty is strong within yourself, and you also expect it from the ones who are close to you.


Flip Side: Even though you care for those you love deeply, if they betray you, anger races through your veins. The Werewolf, despite it's warm fun-loving personality, can also stand up for itself if need be. You would have no problem hiding your anger if something sets you off balance.

Congratulations! You have a Werewolf inside!

pic (c) Christy Grandjean aka GoldenWolfen (quizilla.com)

The reason why I asked what's your inner beast is because mine came out a week ago at work. It started out as a fairly normal day going to work as a tech. When I arrived to work to print out my work schedule (each day is different, so my jobs varies in locations and tasks). Well for some reason that day Mr. Coffee (aka dipshit) had fumbled through yet another shitty schedule layout. When I saw how poorly my schedule was for the day I asked him to look it over and make the needed changes as there was NO excuse for what he wanted me to do that day. Too much work and it really ticked me off. He didn't even try to work with me, all he said was no, that's the schedule and I am sorry you feel that way. Ugh you're NOT sorry Mr. Coffee! Then I responded, that's fine leave the schedule the way it is BUT I AM NOT DOING X,Y & Z! This esculated quite quickly into a yelling match that would make sailors blush at a seaport. I unleashed 4 years of aggravation on Mr. Coffee. He is one of the ruddest mofo I have ever met. He has made so many mistakes in this office and even caused my winter break plans to be messed up because he didn't turn in the time sheets on time so I had to wait for my paycheck last Dec!
The problem was, once I was all worked up and done yelling I immediately began to cry and couldn't stop! I tried to calm myself down but for the life of me I couldn't. What's worse is my boss asked me to apologize to Mr. Coffee and vice versa so after throwing cold water on my face I walked over and began to apologize when he had the nerve to keep interrupting me. I replied can I FINISH? and he said I have NOTHING to say to you! and that set me off for another round of insults and fighting words. My boss was NOT happy that Mr. Coffee had once again due to his lack of social skills or manners made things worse just by being Mr. Coffee! I ended up going home early from work that day. I couldn't get myself together and it was embarrassing because I looked like the bad one, like I am the one with the problem. I hate when people upset me so much that I am all bent out of shape and they can quickly calm down and remain cool so I look like an emotional wreck.
All my life I have had trouble reigning in my emotions and I feel like it hurts me in a professional element. So I have decided to seek therapy (my shrink thinks he found me a low-income clinic) that I can get some help. I really need some way to be able to express my anger in a healthy way that doesn't involve yelling for long periods of time and hurling insults left and right which actually borderlines abuse. I want to learn how to deal with stress or when I am upset. I think it would be a good thing to see a therapist. Its been a LONG time since I've gone to one and I have to admit, I go every 5 years or so. I believe I am work in progress, that there's always room for improvement. And this time, I want to tame my inner wolf not to howl so loudly ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The world is not a perfect place and the people in it, even more imperfect. Don't be so hard on yourself. You can't expect ideal behavior from yourself or anyone else. The big trick in all this is letting these upsetting things go. The behavior you regret isn't the sum of yourself. It was simply who you were at that moment and incidences like that are few and far between in your life. Besides, there are always mitigating circumstances such as the stresses one is under at a given time. So move on and don't let what happened interfere with your self-esteem. The other person isn't worth all the self-recrimination and self-doubt.
Baba

Anonymous said...

Dearest Jenny,

Mr. Coffee isn't worth it. Next time he upsets u, just turn around and walk away. Go talk to your boss and let him know what is going on with asshole and let him handle the problem that is part of his job you shouldn't be expected to deal with stupidity. Still love you best, Mom

deafeningchameleon said...

Aww thank you both so much!
Mr. Coffee and I are now on speaking terms. Best we just move forward but I know he'll never try that God Complex crap with me again :)
-DC