Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Heart Hulu 4-Ever!

Seriously people, Hulu.com is ASL-"CHAMP!"
Granted some folks complain they have a
limited amount of CC viewing content but
not I! Why you might ask? Well lets see...
They're basically the ONLY website that
gives us Deafies equality to our hearing
peers when it comes to watching online
media. I too can catch up on shows like
THE SIMPSON or HOUSE with CC!
It really bothers me when some people take
Hulu.com for granted or worst complain. My
view is to be assertive, write to Hulu.com,
you can email them at feedback@hulu.com.
Now they don't always answer the emails,
you might get the standard "We received
your email, blah blah blah. Try these
helpful links/FQA blah blah blah." But
sometimes they do answer which is
really nice. I've already decided, should I
ever earn loads of money, I would invest
some in Hulu.com or the mother company.
Very rarely do I become loyal to a
brand.
Watched some movies in the last week
or so. Here's what I thought of them;
"Shrink" with Kevin Spacey, an indie
film about a therapist/counselor to
Hollywood's Stars and everyday people.
Kevin Spacey as always did a fantastic
performance. How could anyone not be
a big fan of his is unknown to me. It
was a good story with several layers
and just enough nitty gritty to keep
you interested but not make you
depressed by watching it! This
movie gets an A+
"2012" another end of the world movies.
How I love those! Using current science
theories and adding a dash of
make-believe these movies fascinate
me. Not because I secretly wish for the
end of mankind. No siree, but the sheer
awe of the infinite possible ways this
world/planet could be destroyed has me
hook, line and sinker! "2012" was non
stop action. I was literally unable to tear
my eyes away from the movie for fear I
might miss something important to the
overall story. They has this cool-ass car
scene where California's roadways were
collapsing as they drove by. Totally
unrealistic! but ah so much fun to watch :}
A very thrilling movie. Granted not a
whole lot of "substance" but rarely are
these end of the world movies about
people's personal stories. Instead these
movies are more about helping the
audience imagine being there themselves
and how they would react? I thought the
ending was cool. But like Blondie the very
last line of the movie sucked! I won't tell
you what it is, but my only guess was to
prevent that little girl/actress from being
forever know as the girl who wore pull-ups
and wet her bed till age 7.
"Crossing Over" with but not starring
Harrison Ford (one of my old favorites),
was an overlapping story about several
immigrants and immigrant-related
federal workers. Very good, I enjoyed
the one story about the Jewish guy trying
to become an American citizen and he
does so by pretending his a religious
Jew.
"Special" starring Michael Rapaport
was ok. I felt it was a little too slow,
they could've unfolded the story
a little more quickly without losing
the vibe the director was going for.
It was creative but I found myself
at times playing Spider Solitaire
while waiting for a scene that would
interest me.
Alrighty, I must shove off and give
my students their midterm. Only 1
day shy of my Spring Break -whee!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am looking for advice re the American Deaf community (I'm in Portugal and not Deaf) and I was wondering if you would't mind aswering my question. I looked for a email so as not to spam your comments but could't find one, so apologies and feel free to delete. My contact is regah98 AT gmail DOT com. Thank you in advance - and Pessach sameach!

Jennifer in MamaLand said...

Re Hulu: Nice if you're deaf, but not if you're Canadian. All those sites block their content to "foreign" URLs. Enjoy it while you're a privileged American!!!