Thursday, May 05, 2011

An end in sight? Sort of...

Tonight was my lab exam. It was tough. I spent 4 hours today and several hours yesterday prepping for it. I really struggled with the spinal cord & brain anatomy specifically in regards to the nervous system at a cellular level. The ventral root, dorsal root ganglion, archnoid mater, gray and white matter. So hard! I found the muscles both axial and appendicular based to be more pleasing to learn about and easier to remember visually. But damn the spelling! One muscle in your neck is called the sternoncleidomastoid, another one in your leg called seminmanbranosus and runs parellel to another one called semitendinosus. Don't even ask me why one leg muscle is spelled gastrocenmius. Many are two letter names like latissimus dorsi (dorsi means back, as in dorsal or posterior). Do I sound like a science geek or what? I joked to Blondie and Eddie that I feel like I am a walking encyclopedia of medical terms. Imagine what I will know by next x-mas? I will have completed 3 anatomy courses by then. Hope there's enough space in my cerebrum for it.

Tomorrow night I go to school to take a final exam for an online class I've been taking. It will be nice to be officially done with one class out of three in time for the weekend. The other 2 classes I will finish next week. My poor students were informed that while they took their exams earlier this week, not to bother me till next week Wednesday. I haven't even taken a peek at their exams. I can't at this point with my last lecture exam on Tuesday and a major paper/presentation due Saturday the 14th.

I just got to get through the next 9 days and then I can truly celebrate the end of the Spring semester!

No comments: