Thursday, May 19, 2011

Trial and error

Last of the work related stuff for the spring semester is DONE. Happy is the I.

I never knew how easy I had it being just a teacher before this semester. Being a teacher & a student is a whole other playing field and way more tiring than I could've imagined. Thank god for the car! Otherwise between the commute times and work and school I probably would've collapsed!

Now I am just a teacher again. You will not find me complaining about my work load any time soon. My new students are a good bunch. Makes time fly right by.

I have also learned that I do NOT like renting books but at the same time I prefer it over being stuck with a book at the end of the semester. But renting books is a little problematic right now because I still haven't really unpacked and I have 2 books due in a week. Must find them this weekend and mail them back. Honestly I guess I shouldn't mind but take my advice if you ever rent books, be sure to keep them all together in one place and their rental information nearby. I had to make a trip out north of the city to return 1 book that I didn't even use this semester. That's another thing I learned, better to see what the teacher wants you to buy. Don't follow whatever the book store says. They don't know. You will save yourself money and time. Disadvantage is you don't have the books as soon as you need them. I guess perhaps to email the teacher before class starts and find out what books they plan to use. Trial and error my friend, trial and error.

No comments: