Saturday, September 10, 2011

Failure is not an Option!

I ordered one of those folding shopping carts a while back and its just been sitting there collecting dust. All because I couldn't figure out how to put on the wheels, which included washers, springs and pins among other things. I am not very good with assembling instructions and did a while back make a 1/2 hearted attempt to assemble this cart. Obviously I did not succeed. I was lazy and waiting on Blondie who is a wizard at assembling furniture to do it for me. She helped me attach my new headboard before I went out of town. And she all by herself put 2 sitting chairs together for a dinning set I ordered along with the cart. Well earlier tonight I wanted to put the cart together and I finally did it! Don't get me wrong, I made a few mistakes and went back to fix them such as forgetting the almighty powerful spring component to the front wheel set. Otherwise the small wheel on the right would roam back and forth, not at all stable without the spring. And the satisfaction of it being done feels good! I know some of you reading out there think I am nuts but as a person with ADD and low frusturation threshold, this counts as a small victory to be happy about :]
Now when I go food shopping I can use this to transport food in and out of my car instead of trying to carry it all from my car or even sometimes from the store. Its so close by it feels silly to drive! Plus it gives me an opportunity to cross the 207 bridge. Too bad there's not a walk way on both sides of the bridge. I would love a north view too not only the south.

Mom's key lime pie was a HIT :) I was relieved Blondie liked it because she is not the type who eats a lot of sweets. Luckily this pie is TART, not sickening sweet.

This week will be my 1st full week...I can already see my 1 anatomy class is going to be extremely time consuming, and from skimming over the syllabus for my other anatomy class that starts this coming Monday, I get the feeling these 2 classes are heavy duty. Luckily for me, I am such a nerd now with my Bastard Kitty Tom here with me that I will do it. I am committed to furthering my potential as a human being and to be financially secure for once in my life with a career I feel matters. If I can help any one ever live their life to the fullest, that's something an OT student like myself can be proud of. I just can't imagine not doing this, as its not an option to fail.

No comments: