Friday, November 11, 2011

Still tending my wounds

So its been a weird breakup for the past 1/2 year. We did not make a clean break but have seen one another on and off due to exuinating circumstances. At times it feels bittersweet but most of the time it feels damaged beyond repair. The whole "let's be friends" never really works if you ask me.

On to other news, I have a fun weekend planned. Tonight off to Westchester to visit Little Racoon's Mama. Tomorrow meeting Red Hots, Blondie, Little Orphan Annie, Car-Man, perhaps the Russian Spy too? We will go to the annual Canstruction event, where a showcase of sculptures made entirely from cans is on display. The admissions cost? 1 donated can of food. How can anyone beat that? All the cans are donated to food banks. This will be my 2nd or 3rd time I think?

Today is Veterans day and having a grandfather (WWII) and 2 great grandfathers (WWI) serve the USA in the past reminds me that we shouldn't take our civil liberties for granted. Thank you all to the fine Men & Women who help protect our country and freedom from tyranny. Without your loyalty, we would not enjoy the democratic life we have today! America is not perfect but she mighty damn fine and my personal top pick in all the world to live in!

No comments: