Friday, August 31, 2012

There's no place like HOME :]

Just came back with my new Boyfriend, which is I will admit an unfamiliar but overall pleasant experience. I think we are both still feeling nervous sometimes. I think this is due to the LD aspect of our relationship. It kind of gives us this stop, start, stop, start momentum all this past summer. I know for a fact it makes me shy sometimes.
Also tonight on our drive back to NYC  neither one of us was feeling physically great but we masked it well. This made me happy because who wants to sit around and complain about our bodies ills for long stretches of time? Not I!
Er, well I did complain a little earlier but not about that but during the drive when we got stuck in some traffic on I-78 East. I couldn't believe how far back this construction forced 4 lanes to merge into 2?!? By the time we passed this supposedly construction work side AFTER 2 miles of crawling I was thinking and probably saying UNBELIEVable! I think that was the only time I griped tonight? I also teased him when we got onto I-78 East and finally exited 222 North, I remarked "YAY, now we're on a REAL highway!" :-D He was lucky I didn't say all of what I thought inside my head when we passed signs on 222 North, signs that read things like 'FREEWAY COMING TO AN END' What FREEWAY I wondered? Another sign read EXPRESSWAY COMING TO AN END. Okayyyy....Smile, silly I know. So anyways when we were crawling through traffic on I-78 East it didn't really matter really because he took that chance to scroll through my FB wall and we laughed at some of my post. I really like that we laugh and enjoy humor. To me that is a serious MUST! A sense of humor is one of my requirements a man to win me over. I was already with a miserable man for over 5 yrs. I don't need to go through that again! Granted there will be times when one of us is down or even depressed. Or not funny but a sense of contentment or appreciation for one another will go a long way. I think Mr. Handsome is capable of this, at least from as far as I have seen, he has done so! As long as there is self expression and a willingness to address issues that arise I am cool with that. I cannot live in an constant emotional chaos as I did with my last ex. It is a wretched way to live, him bathing in self victimization and hate. It was and IS unbearable to me! I was pleased when I asked Mr. Handsome how he felt about meeting my Gays? He replied as any hetero would do, that as long as the person doesn't go out of their way to make him uncomfortable (and admit it there are a few who do) that he had no problem with that. Awesome! A refreshing view on humanity. The kind I like which is the golden rule, do unto others as you would want them to do to you, respect and be open to meeting the wide spectrum of people who make up the human race.
Right now Mr. Handsome is asleep and he should be after being up at 4am and working ALL day, driving probably 5 hours of commute time I am glad he is getting his rest. I am proud of him for working this job and being a responsible MAN. And I certainly don't plan to run him ragged during his Labor Day weekend visit of 2012! W00t! I planned the visit so that it is two days of socialization and two days of rest, downtime to just coexist and enjoy one another company,
I see good things in our future :]

No comments: