Tuesday, September 04, 2012

'My Other [Half]'

You know I was never a fan of the idea of 'soulmates' to me that's absurd to think out of all the people in the world, only 1 is truly your other half of a whole. But nonetheless I was more than please when Mr. Handsome on his way back home to PA texted me the following; "I'm alittle different after days together first one or two isn't bad, little space but then I get lonely and really start missing my other." I had such an awww moment, not that I think he thinks I'm his soulmate, but that I am that signficant of a person in his life despite the distance between us.
Right now I miss him a LOT. After having him reasonably near the past 3 weeks and now having to wait 4 weeks to see him again just SUCKS! I am proud to report I was very good not to tear up earlier tonight when we parted. I didn't want to make him feel bad or that I can't function on my own. I surely can! Still especially like yesterday when he repaired my dresser. The same dresser that my last ex repeatedly damaged I was so touched. My Sexy German took something that constantly reminded me of a very bad time in my life and mended it. Before he finished fixing my dresser I left the room to keep myself in check and not get all emo on him. I was overwhelmed by his generousity as it made me feel very cared for and well loved.
I never did work up the nerve to tell him I loved him either. I just feel its too early. Afterall we only recently agreed to be exclusive. I want to let nature take its course to the best of my ability and wait till I feel secure enough to express my love for him. To me that really can only be achieved over time. And proximity. Time we have, proximity is the problem.
Even though there were times when neither were feeling well or at our best, we remained pleasant & reasonable of one another. This has been the most peaceful romantic relationship of my life! So tonight when he left, I realized that I was just starting to feel comfortable & in sync with him. I think that's what makes this time saying goodbye harder than the last time. Then again the last time he visited & we parted, I only had to wait a week to see him. Now I have to wait 4 weeks!
Tomorrow is gonna be the rough day but then after that it will get easier. I hope?

No comments: