Monday, October 20, 2014

Killer day at work

Today was the first time I truly felt worthy of my new title at work. When I first started after the promotion I didn't have any support to make progress with the program. But now that we've hired a faculty member with a background in ASL, plus merging with another academic institution and this fall the students initiated the ASL Club, everything is falling into place. I worked my ass off today at work and it felt good. Now that I have my support system, I finally will fly!

But shhh...between me and you, I've been having a bad depressive episode the past two months. It was triggered by several things happening at once. Doesn't it always, "the shit hits the fan?" I am coping the best that I can. My friends have been great, but the solitude has been good too for reflection. My mother probably would digress that notion. Knowing I've always been on the melancholy side. Knowing I spend far too much time thinking. But mom I've gotten better at it, or at least I think I do?  Dysthymia depression runs in my family. Most of the time I'm good but sometimes I cave and have to take time to tend my psyche well being. Thank God Baba and I have one another, both of us suffer from this or the likes. It's helps to vent to one another.

My love life, wow I'm just too tired to go into that tonight. Maybe tomorrow I'll post an update then?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Limited time offer! Hurry up! Claim free bet now!