Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The art of ASKING

Well me and 3 other ladies are prepping for an event in NOV, and I have been emailing various companies asking for samples or discounts to use at this event. After all the worse thing they can say is "no." So far I have gotten 4 companies and I am sure more will reply in the next few days.

Its interesting to see their replies, whether its yes or no. Most of the time it is no because this event is not for non-profit, but rather social/educational. The larger companies flat out say no but you know what? I am gonna try some of these larger companies stores in person here in NYC, ask for a manager and explain the event. Hopefully they have some leeway as to what they can give us compared to the parent company.

I am sooo excited to be leaving for Miami this Friday, the cruise leaves the port Saturday afternoon. I will be sharing a hotel room with my friend Karen friday nite, I am hoping to get a chance to see a little of Miami night life, as I hear dancing is the main attraction.

Been preparing syllabus for my 2 classes I will begin teaching upon my return. A lot of paperwork but luckily for me my work is allowing me to borrow one of their PC laptops for the trip :) this will save me money from not having to pay roaming charges from my pager or internet cafe fees on the ship.

Tmw nite my Sweetie will come by to help me with any last min preperation and to drive me to the airport Friday late morning. I sure am gonna miss him a bunch but hes been very busy working on his business so I know he wont be bored while I am gone.

Things at Gally are not looking any better :( Ive been saying it for 6 months now, JKF sucks! STEP DOWN JFK!

Hmm what else, been editing and real progress is being made for the website, heck it might even be done before the end of October!

No comments: