Monday, February 04, 2008

Happieeee birthday Baba!












These photos are from the UWS 80th st/Amsterdam ave where after the
game
ended, people spilled into the streets
chanting "Lets Go Giants, lets go!"
and "Defense, defense, defense!" it was
so cool to be around the energy of all
these happy folks who rooted for the
Giants. Even at one point a firetruck
whooped (played their sirens a little)
by the crowded waving thumbs up
and cheering along with the rest of us!

Today is Baba's bday and I wish I was
in PA 2 celebrate with her but it will
have to wait till Spring Break in March.
I think Jack and I will take Baba out to
dinner to this wonderful Italian place
she introduced to me and Jack over
the winter break. They had the best
bread and olive oil, as well as their
pasta, yum!

Last nite I watched the Superbowl with
Cain and Syzmanski. Cain made us french
toast and bacon for dinner, a nice meal.
Anyhoo the 1st three quarters of the
superbowl was painfully slow. Finally
the game picked up in the 4th quarter and
in the last 1-2 mins of the game, Giants
scored a major touchdown that had me
and Cain jumping up and down! We were
estatic they won! Destroying the Patriots
winning streak of 18-0! Whee of course I
felt somewhat conflicted with my family originating from Boston but
having lived
in NYC for the past 4 years I was rooting
for my city! I'm deafinitely a newly converted Giants fan! Go Giants!

Not much else is new, watched "I am
Legend" with Will Smith. It was a bootleg
copy so Jack had to repeat everything
that was said but luckily it wasn't a
talkative movie. Very much a rip off of
Charles Heston's movie "Omega Man." Still
fun to watch, the end of the world movies.
I also caught "two for the money" with Al
Pacino and Mathew McCoughtney. Pretty
good movie as well.

No comments: