Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Slushi

The snow has turn to slush, due to the icy rain
today. At least the weather has warmed up
some. Been packing on and off the past few
days. The movers will be here Saturday. I'm
not gonna miss my 2 roommates at all, just
gonna miss seeing/feeling the 1 train as it
whizzes by my apt window. And living 1.5
blocks from the train was an additonal perk.
But the apt itself, the lack of restaurants,
or stores will not be missed by me. Nor will
having to go up and down 6 flights of stairs
for laundry and only 1 washer ever works!

Cain and Blondie are so kind to let Jack &
me crash at their studio till March 6th,
by then we shouldve found an apt for
ourselves. See see?

Not a whole lot happening, just focused on
the move, and work. I recently created a 10
day lesson plan for my student teaching. My
cooperating teacher likes my lesson plan and
had been using it. It feels good to help her
out as she was always doing everything last
min! She seems relieved to have a "step by
step" guide in which not only do I state the
intended learning objectives and activities
but how to teach the lessons themselves.
Next week is winter break for my student
teaching so I will only work at NJ and TC ;)
I don't mind the time off.

Haven't been wearing my hearing aid at all,
except when I work at TC.. Its been
frusturating for Jack because he knows
some ASL, he hardly ever uses it. So I de-
cided I was done playing "hearing impaired"
girl that I wouldn't be voicing or using my
hearing aid all the time like I have been for
the past 1.5 yr while dating Jack. This caused
me a lot of stress because I knew I wasn't
being true to myself or being who I am..
Hopefully, he will start using more ASL or
else we won't be doing much talking :-(

Tmw is Valentines Day. No plans as far as
I know. I think with the move this year, neither
of us are feeling VDay. I don't know, Jack
doesn't seem big on any holidays... I've never
had 1 nice romantic valentines day EVER. My
ex was too cheap to do anything...

Well I'm almost back to NYC, gonna nap
and then head to my 2nd job at 4pm...latah

No comments: