Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Guess who I saw?

Mathew Broderick :-)

Yep, see I was leaving Penn Station, when I
boarded what I thought was the 1 train uptown
but instead, I accidently took the 2/3 train
downtown. So I arrived at 14th st, walked
over to the uptown side, and stood there
waiting for the 2/3 train uptown (to go to 96th
st, then switch to the 1 train).
Anyhoo...
A guy wearing a red winter hat, blue jeans
and backpack comes down the steps to the platform, I only caught a
glimpes of him
but I did immediately think Mathew
Broderick. When I went to doublecheck, I
could only see the back of his head. Being
me I "casually" walked over to the
other side to see if the 1 train was
comming and to sneak a peek to see if it
was him and it was. We made eye contact.
He didn't smile or frown. Just looked at
me with a deadpan facial expression. I kept
my cool but I'm sure he knew I recognized
him. I knew it wasn't his first time meeting
a Deaf person. I remember Blondie and or
Szymanski telling me about a party they
attended a few years ago and he was
there, but I didn't go to that particular
party so I never saw him back then. Now
theirony of seeing him today waiting for
the 2/3 uptown train was memorable.
I always read about how actors/esses being
glad that they live in New York City
because usually residents leave them alone.
With that in mind, I went ahead and worked
on a Suduko puzzle that I started on
the NJ tranist train. Then the 2/3 train
arrived. He boarded a different car then
me. Its amazing to me when I think about
all the famous people who live or
schmooze here in NYC. Makes me glad I moved
here.

No comments: