Friday, June 12, 2009

Bubble Battle 2009

I just got home from the NYC Bubble Battle
2009. It was FUN! I really enjoyed myself.
Seeing both young and old delight at the
treasures of bubbles floating past their eyes.
They instinctively tried to catch those bubbles!
Whenever I saw little kids, I pointed my
bubble making gun in their direction. Or
people who looked like they didn't want
to intrude but they wanted to be involved.
I got them involved! I guess that's why I
enjoy filmmaking primarily or photography
secondary as much as I do. Is the power
to include my fellow human beings in
something fun. To make them feel
special and included. Everyone matters.
Funny tonight I had my camera but 3 other
deafies did too, so I just focus on the
bubbles :]

It was a neat experience to be a part of
something that was open to everyone.
The tour buses as they passed us with
people on the upper decks waved at us.
We were in the heart of NYC, 47th &
Broadway. The area most people see on
TV when they think of NYC. The nearby
theaters and humongous billboards or
electronic ads all around us. Then WE
added the bubbles, SWEET! Sometimes
the wind would really sweep the bubbles
upwards. Other times the bubbles would
nose-dived. There were many interesting
bubble making kits/generators/old school
blowing gadgets etc etc. I was with 7 other
deafies. At 1st they were interested but then
they were more interested in talking
than the bubble-thon. Only Dani
really used my 2nd bubble generating gun.
I didn't mind. I am used to Deaf culture. But
I myself would walk around and join
other groups of 'bubble-makers" or share
my bubbles with people as they walked
by me.

I will go again next year. It was wholesome
fun and one can never get enough of that!

Here's an article I found that explains
more about the Bubble Battle orgins.

<a
href="http://culturemob.com/blog/bubble-battle-2009-gears-up-to-take-on-nyc">Bubble
Battle 2009 Gears Up To Take On NYC</a>

No comments: