Tuesday, June 09, 2009

A Ph.D. on my Horizon?

Today I finally further examined 3 main schools
at one of the Universities here. They all vary on
their psychology philosophies & career focus.
The 1st one is Clinical Psychology, counseling,
and mental health related work. The 2nd one is
Anatomy-based Psychology such as how our
brains work, and our eyes perceives the
world at large, etc etc. A lot of science! The
3rd one is more human group behavior-based
and a lot of research. Im still learning about
the 3rd one. Well honestly all 3 areas involve
tremendous research.

I am overwhelm with trying to figure out
which one is the best fit for me? And now all
the schools have gone paperless and its hard
to get hard copied information these days.
Most of them are also making you do your
application online, ugh! But I did benefit
today from reading up on the admission
requirements and that has given me some
directions and what my next step should be?
The bad news is, my dreaded fear came
true. I will have to take the GRE. The good
news is I am being encouraged to take the
specialty GRE, Psychology :} yay for me! Now
I feel like I have a fighting chance. And I think
the minimum score I can have is a 1000? I
don't remember but I do know its TOUGH.

I think the application deadline for Fall 2010
is next Dec, only 6 months away!!! If worst
comes to worst or financial issues get in
the way then I will consider Fall 2011.
But my feeling is the sooner I start, the
sooner I'll be done. Finishing my MA
really has given me a lot of confidence
not to sell myself short. It was a LONG
road getting there. And I do not intend to
take that same route twice.

No comments: