Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"A balance diet is a cookie in each hand"

So its been almost a week and a half since I started my diet. So far so good. I only went over my WW points 2xs but not enough to actually gain any weight so I am still pleased with my progress. Ironically last night I had some junk food and it actually didn't feel good. My body has been enjoying a lot more fruits, veggies and unprocessed food and I can feel the difference! Do I look any different? Nope, I keep meaning to weigh myself so I can keep track but I keep forgetting because I have to use my Wii fitboard to do so.

My life has really picked up. Working 3 jobs at 4 different campuses is actually pretty cool. For someone like me with ADD, I sure won't get bored! Originally I was dreading teaching an almost 3 hour class but today it went by so quickly that I didn't mind. I actually wonder if by the end of the semester I would prefer a 3 hour class 1x a week or 1.5 hour classes 2xs a week? I am just so ready to make some money and pay bills!

Last weekend Jack and I used my free movie tickets (I won them last spring in a raffle) for AMC movie theater chain. We opted to see District 9, it was kind of depressing but still a good story. A character Wilkus (the actor could easily play a young version of Hitler) starts off as a weakling geek type and unravels into an unlikely hero. Basically the story is a million plus aliens arrive to Earth with no where to go so they end up in a ghetto camp in South Africa. The humans end up resenting the Aliens, calling them "Prawns" because they look like bottom feeders. And these aliens for some reason LOVE cat food!!! So the South African government decides to relocate these aliens elsewhere and thats when trouble begins for Wilkus. I don't want to give away the story but if you ever wondered how we hew-mans would react to alien presence in a realistic way, this is the movie for you! I am keeping my fingers crossed for a District 10 sequel!

What's even funnier is Jack posted a copy of this on our apartment window so when people walk by, they gawk at it. Jack hates our neighborhood and basically him posting it is an inside joke about what he thinks of the people around us. I am sure some folks think we favor animals over hew-mans which in a way I do. I mean whenever I donate to charity or causes/organization I ALWAYS focus on animals and the environment, not the hew-mans. I figured the hew-mans have one another but who will speak up for those who can't speak for themselves such as animals and plant life?

No comments: