Monday, September 21, 2009

NY MTA can byte me...

*snarls* this transportation giant, known as
the MTA has a disgruntled consumer now!
1st the metro-north last week to Dobbs Ferry
was inaccurately posted on the MTA website
about the time it left 125th station causing me
to miss my 2nd night of classes for my new job.
Now this morning the NJ transit cancelled my
741am train causing me to miss my 1st
class! (I teach 2 classes back to back there).
Grr by the time I arrive on the
next train there will only be 15 mins left!
The good news is I won't miss my 2nd class....

Argh I've had a LOT of bad luck this fall with
my classes. 1st I missed the VERY 1st day of
classes in NJ due to scheduling error with the
dept. Then last week I missed my class in
Dobbs Ferry bc the website put down the
wrong time. And now today the train broke
down due to mechanical problems...it makes
me feel like a lousy teacher. That im not
reliable which isn't at all like me! As long
as I am NOT dying I always work, ALWAYS!

Well at least I was able to get a "letter of
delay" issued by the Nj transit to give to
my boss... I don't want any ramifications
because of this f*ck-up.

In other news, its been 2 weeks now since
I've started dieting. Jack says he's notice
I've lost a little weight but it doesn't feel
like it to me. But nonetheless I am
determined to keep trying. I really don't want
to buy all new work clothes. I don't care if
I look "healthy" and blah blah blah. Im vain
and it means a lot to me to stay a size 8 a
little longer...

This weekend I was a lazy bum, just slept a
lot due to another UTI :( figured a lot of rest
and fluids is the ONLY way to go. I sure
hope the UTI/Kidney infections do not be-
come a chronic problem. And I totally missed
out on Rosh Hashannah (sp?)! Which I was
suppose to terp for my friend Martin but
between him spraining his ankle and my
UTI I had to cancel.

I do however have something to look forward
to later this week which is my friend Karen
will be in town visiting, yay! She recently
got married and will have her wedding next
month (they got married I believe in city hall
or somewhere like that suddenly last month)
but want the formal wedding in Oct. Plus she's
preggars! I can't wait to see if she's showing
yet? I am so happy for her bc less than a year
ago she was miserable and depressed. Its
amazing to see how much her life has changed
in the past 6 months!

Anyhoo not much else is new. Just settling
into a routine of working my butt off and
being with Jack :}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maria said that probably the Cipro didn't do quite the job as the infection was so bad. So I hope this new round of meds will put paid to that. Love, Baba