Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve

Hard to believe its almost 2010! Time sure did fly by! I was remarking to Jack the other day that when you hit your 30s you really do see how quickly time speeds up. I didn't feel it in my 20s because I hadn't even a decade under my belt being an adult. I wonder will I feel time goes quicker in my 40s than I do now? Or will it always feel this way as an adult?

On a different note, am having a grand time visiting my family as usual. I am so blessed not only with a terrific family and boyfriend but many good friends in my life.

So for the past few days I've been thinking about resolutions and whether or not I plan to make any? Because really, don't we make them all the time as it is? We resolve not to have a 2nd slice of pie or grudgingly clean up messes in our homes. We make ourselves get up early to go to work and face the cold and sometimes rainy mornings. Its our constant general never-ending quest to keep up with the on-going personal self improvements. I don't wait for the end of the year to do these things as it seems to me we're doing them everyday regardless. Or as some like to say irregardless *snickers*

For my new years eve, Jack and I plan to spend it with Baba, David, Bobby and Nancy who unfortunately has to work that night and will not be with us to ring in the new years itself. I totally respect that because it was last minute plans on my behalf and I've worked many holidays and birthdays in my life. The good news is, we will get to hang tmw and hit the thrift stores for search of good bargains. Afterwards we will join the rest for pizza and chocolate cream pie *just 1 slice each...er if my will-power doesn't fail me because damn it, its chocolate cream pie* plus to watch the movie Galaxy Quest. It will be fun. I just didn't feel like going out to a bar or a party. My family is plenty of fun. The next day we will visit Robbie's family and then I will go over to Mom's the rest of New Years day.

I am also glad to be done with my students grades about 90% done. It would've been 100% but dumb me, I grabbed the wrong grade sheets, fudge-a-duck and now Jack and I have to return 2 days earlier for me to tally the grades for the last class by the 4th of January. That's fine too, there's plenty of things left to do around the apt anyways.

Earlier tonight as one of Baba's Hanukkah gifts, we watched Pan's Labrynth. If you haven't seen this movie, kick yourself for me and then go out buy/rent a copy and sit your butt down to watch it! Or make it your 2010 new years resolution!

2 comments:

Max Power said...

Time does go faster in your 40s. Trust me. Make sure you properly enjoy your 20s!

Anonymous said...

fast like a japanese train! <3, Nancy