Sunday, December 06, 2009

Happy Days Are Here Again

Saw the doc and got meds that actually
worked! Feeling so much better. Being
sick is always depressing. The semester
is drawing to a close in only a few more
weeks and then I can have some ME time
for a change.

Baba brought me the best winter boots,
my very own pair of UGGs! They are soooo
comfortable and I can't wait for it to snow
to have an excuse to wear them again!
Plus we picked up some beautiful tops and
dress pants, w00t! I feel very spoiled and
made it clear this was my Hannukah gifts.

Jack got to work on his car too which always
makes him happy. Every little upgrade, tweak
and tinkering leaves him very satisfied. I can
relate, because I feel the same way when I
edit my movies. I realize recently that's why
I've been depressed, I haven't done anything
lately to bring me happiness and that does!
I've already committed myself to bring home
the IMac over xmas break and finish PAWS
once and for all! And then ill only have SDI
part II & III to finish. Thought I post some
quotes below to help me stay on target!

"Filmmaking is a chance to live many lives"
-Robert Altman

"Never treat your audience as customers,
Always as partners."
-Jimmy Stewarts

"The cinema is not a slice of life but a
piece of cake"
-Alfred Hitchcock

"Above all, a director has to be a good captain"
-Charles Heston

"The picture is in your head, in your
imagination, everything"
-Fredrico Fellini

"One of the great things about being a
director as a life choice is that it can
never be mastered. Every story is its
own expedition, with its own set of
challenges"
-Ron Howard

"Movies are art and the spirit of the
movie depends on its creator"
-Lloyd Kaufman

"A good director is not sure of when
he gets to the set what he's going to do?"
-Elia Kazan

"A lot of times you get credit for stuff
in your movies you didn't intend to be there"
-Spike Lee

"Don't be told something is impossible.
There's always a way!"
-Robert Rodriguez

"Editing is the process. The shooting is
pleasant work. The editing makes the
movie, so I spend all my life in editing"
-Gary Marshall
And he's absolutely right, shooting the
film is the fun part, editing is hard
work, time consuming and maddening at times!

No comments: