Wednesday, December 23, 2009

This is how I know

Computers and the internet as well text msgs are ruining people's ability to spell correctly.
For example I came across these spellling mistakes...

Road the subway
To mean, deaf culture..
Overcome their dissability
You use constrative (contrastive) pronouns
Harding of hearing
Deaf word (world)
Authe (author)
Many similaritys
In the beggining
To bikes (to for 2)

And today in an email to Jack from an ebay seller, he wrote I will "refound" your $$. Ha ha, the $$ was lost but now its been re-founded again. I know I know REFUND but im gonna play with Refound for a while :] granted I've had my share of spelling mistakes or substituting words for worlds ;}

In other exciting news, yesterday was my last class of '09! I was so glad to be done.
Still have a mountain high pile of paperwork to sort through but my
mind is on VACATION! Tonight I gotta do it, no more excuses or put-offs!

I am very excited that while this spring ill be teaching nights (exactly what I didn't want) that next fall that won't be the case! That's because as an ADDer, I find my attention span/energy level are higher during the day than at night. Especially if I work at media prior to teaching. See I love working as a media tech bc there's little thinking involved in the tasks and its a physical job where im on my feet going from various classrooms setting up or breaking down technical equipment. In
addition to weekly software updates and teaching faculty members on how to use the
equipment its a very easy job. Meanwhile teaching im on my feet a good 3 hours straight, performing (really its true, teachers are often former actors) because you are the entertainer/informer (teacher) to your audience (students) and it takes a lot out of you! Or it does for me especially if I've
already worked at media prior to teaching which I did last year and didn't like it. This year teaching
in the mornings primarily and then going to work at media services is a better fit for me.
So I was told next school year '10-'11 ill be able to teach mornings again at 1 school. Now if I can get the other school to give me mornings ill be set! Whee!

For the holidays, Jack and I will stay here for xmas. Last Saturday during the snow storm, we
decorated the apt window w/white lights and Santa on a sled. We took a short walk but
Jack was too cold! As you can see by the picture. I was laughing at him the whole
time, just laughing and laughing at his
obvious discomfort (even when he later put a hat and gloves on) and still for my sake
he came out to enjoy the windy snow storm! I don't think I've laugh that hard in so long!
We made hot chocolate and watched the movie "Elf" with Will Ferrell. Fun movie and
got us in the spirit of the holidays! After xmas we will head down to PA for the remainder
of winter break. I wanted to do all the paperwork prior to our visit and to organize the apt to put stuff in storage.

No comments: