Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Where did the summer go???

Argh I cannot believe summer is almost over! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.................
Its true what they say, the older you get, the quicker time goes by. I mean sometimes I literally get confused what season it is?!

I am not looking forward to the yoke of work and going to school again but I sort of am at the same time. Weird I know but that's me :) In a little over a week from now I will have my 8:30 am class on Anatomy with a human cadaver. I suspect I won't be super hungry on those days. As much as I love my family and I do, my hometown is for those who have families, being single here at times is so boring. I am however grateful for the time with Baba and being with Mom, having meals with David, a beer with Rob and thrift shopping with Nancy. I am so lucky to have such a great family!

And I am happy to report the car repairs for my cute little passat will not be more than $250! Did Baba and I luck out or what?! I was dreading what the mechanic would say? Expecting it to be thousands of dollars but nope its just the flex pipe, whew! Thank you lady luck for cutting us a break, we have been nickle and dimed all summer long. Damn the state of NY for denying me unemployment as an adjunct professor. Not to worry I am appealing it and I know the chances of winning are slim but if we don't fight for changes nothing will improve! These colleges and universities are making a killing by hiring us as contract workers and I don't blame them because it makes sense business-wise. But for the state to deny us unemployment during periods where they don't offer work is crazy!

No comments: