Thursday, August 04, 2011

Splitting atoms in your free time?

Well this guy gives a whole new definition of a scientific hobby. Splitting atoms in his kitchen during his spare time, unbelievable! How dangerous can a person be?! It just blows my mind.Link

Tomorrow is my last exam for the summer. Its on the lab (primarily anatomy identification with some functions/concepts). I was unmotivated all day then finally around 730 I got on a roll and just finished a little while ago. I MUST wake up earlier enough to finish reviewing the reproductive system! Everyone kind of knows the external/genitals parts but its the internal mechanism that's harder with all its detailed components. My professor blushed when the word coitus came up and a few more times when he quickly rushed through reproduction system lecture. He told us we could read up on it at home knowing most of us have sat through sex education how many times? I am grateful the cardiovascular system was taught before the respiratory system. It made it easier to understand the respiratory system. The urinary system is somewhat interesting, its more about waste product removal and analysis of those substances and what possible conditions or diseases could be a result from those compositions.

I am happy to say that I am now conditioned to absorb these anatomical concepts a lot better these days. Something has changed in the way I grasp the material. I couldn't say what it is but its going to be very useful this fall when I am working as well as going to school. Last spring I wasn't used to or conditioned to this type of learning so it was extremely stressful at times. I feel more confident about my fall classes coming up, an advance anatomy class and a kinesiology class (the study of human and animal movement, performance, and function by applying the [various] sciences...) This should be a really interesting class! I relish learning this stuff.

I have also been working on my grad school application which is due the same day as my birthday. That should bring me some good luck. At first I really wasn't in the mood to write my admission essay (personal goal statement) but somehow it all came pouring out. Baba has been a great editor as usual. I plan to turn it all in tomorrow. That will feel good (because I finished it) but not so good (because now I will be worried, did I get in???)

No comments: