Monday, February 11, 2013

Dense fog? That's putting it mildly

Boy, I don't think I have had the fortune to see so many different weather systems in a relatively short amount of time. Since Hurricaine Sandy came trick or treating its been a crazy few months weather wise! We were just visited briefly by the Nemo Blizzard, I had hope the snow would melt enough so I wouldn't have to shovel before work today. That was not the case but it wasn't too bad and didn't take that long. But my what a FOG! You couldn't see but right in front of you practically! And it made me batty earlier on 80 west once I departed the city driving in the freezing rain and seeing other drivers *ahem NJ* who didn't have their headlights! Hello, you there in the dark vehicle, I almost didn't see you when I tried to change lane. Turn on your lights moron!!! 
Then after work I thought the fog had cleared up and even the rain was minimal. Yet as soon as I got to the George Washington Bridge it was FOG city all over again. I couldn't see the city at all next to me as I drove over. And its kind of fitting mood for today. I was very sick last week with probably one of the worst stomach viruses ever. Apparently its a superbug that infects within 24 hrs and it knocked me backwards, forwards, upside down and I was in a private hell for a good 24 hrs but felt like eternity at the time. Walking around my apartment like a hunched like a walker from The Walking Dead.


I don't know how someone took my photo above but I am in much better shape than I was a week ago, promise! Yet I am still not fully recovered. I was surprised earlier today when teaching to find my brain acting all fuzzy and by the time I finished teaching the 2nd class I felt like crap. The worst part of it all is I have been staying home for about 3 weeks straight now! I went to see a movie once, watched the Superbowl with the Coons where I picked up the plague from them :/  And this weekend went out once to eat with a friend here locally in the neighborhood but even that wore me out. I haven't been out dancing, visiting friends or much of anything. They say if you don't have your health, you don't have anything. I agree, when you don't feel well for long periods without a break it can wear you down.

Here's to hoping I will feel better a week from now on President's day! A little humor to help along the way :]


As I learned this morning


And for the finale I say begone Collar of Shame, welcome Cone of Happiness


No comments: