Thursday, February 14, 2013

A new Red Bull convert

I wrote a letter (via FB message) to Red Bull pledging my allegiance to them. Even more so when I researched the product ingredient. Totally pro-health which pleases me no less! I wonder if I will get any response?


[Red Bull]
I got to say you have a new customer as of today. My story is a little unique and LONG but I think you will appreciate it nonetheless.
I have several times since Red Bull launched years ago tried your product but the taste is a bit intense for me and I have generally steered away from it.

Today however as an adjunct professor working 2 jobs one in NJ and one in NY I am extremely busy as you can imagine! Anyways I found myself in between classes tired as heck when I saw my students come in with cans of Red Bull and after a minute or two I asked one student "what's the deal today? Why is everyone drinking Red Bull?" He said "oh they're giving them away for free downstairs" and I nodded and  plan. He added one of the women giving them away was in our class! I was like wow, really? Cool!  But I leaned over once more and continue to add some changes to my lesson. I decided there was still some time left before class starts and asked him if there was a long line downstairs for it? I don't know what his response was (I'm Deaf) But what a doll, he offered to go down and get one for me. I sheepishly accepted with a "are you sure you don't mind? He went down and brought me up a sugar free one. Along with the cutest Red Bull key chain! I laughed at one particularly (if you want to know which one, see my FB cover photo) He informed me the Red Bull student wanted me to have it. I opened it up and it was the sugar free one and I took a sip, just as I remembered, Red Bull taste is deAfinitely unforgettable! I went ahead despite my initial response to reject the taste because I wanted to give your product a real test. Does it live up to all the hype around it? Some of the students laughed at me as my face scrunched up I can't explain it. Its not the actual taste, perhaps sour or intensity of it, I don Your team member walked in decked head to toe in Red Bull gear and I loved it! This student who works for you will go far! Keep her! I hope perhaps this summer you will reward her? Because if she hadn't been there that day or in my class I probably wouldn't have even bothered! [I will be happy to give you the students name at the end of the Spring semester to avoid any conflict of interest.] 
Fast forward 15-20 minutes later as I am reviewing materials I paused and announced to the class, looking at your Red Bull team member saying I do believe the Red Bull worked as I have more pep, springing-ness (if that's a word) it really made a difference in a very tired professor's life! I appreciate your product now and already plan to buy some when my budget can afford. I am sure you know adjunct teachers have no benefits or paid well and living in NYC adds up. But trust me I already spotted a sale of Red Bulls I think at CVS currently buy 2 for $4 and you betcha I am!
Thank you Red Bull 
-DC


This one was my favorite!

No comments: