Saturday, August 16, 2014

Amazing birthday marathon!

So I managed to do a 6 day birthday marathon before I along with several others caught a summer cold of sorts. Of course I got it worst than everyone else as usual. I accept I have a weak immune system, it is a fact and I don't dispute it one bit. I am home again today with a cold that has turned into I think a chest cold. If I am not better in a few more days or still coughing up icky stuff then off to the doctors I go. I don't want or need bronchitis! Its kind of funny because the other day before I got sick I was thinking how long its been since I was really sick with anything other than headaches and body aches that goes along with chronic bouts of fibromyalgia, meaning things like colds, upset stomach some kind of bug caught ailment. I am sure it has a LOT to do with the fact I am not under chronic stress or in a dysfunctional relationship that eroded my self esteem. I know it t has a lot to do with me being healthier over all. Plus this cold while annoying and not fun, isn't as bad as having the flu or a real major fibro flare up! And I am lucky because I am on vacation so the normal guilt I feel when I am sick and missing work isn't there making me feel 10xs worst. Instead I am medicating myself with dayquil, nyquil and gone into hibernation bear mode where I just sleep sleep sleep and let me body fight the invaders. Watch tv, listen to good music and FB with friends. Plus I have been Skyping or FTing with friends as well, technology is great!







Also earlier in the week someone threw a hissy fit and instead of getting annoyed I just posted funnies about angry people :P




Moving on from the bs....to my birthday cake!


Mama Raccoon was so sweet to bake me a "pioneer cocoa chocolate cake!" with cute little star candles, how loved am I?!





 

The lake was my little slice of heaven! I can't wait to go back Labor day weekend!






Back to my birthday marathon this past week! I had so much fun, saw so many friends it humbled me tremendously to know many people care about me. Sometimes it takes me by surprise, like what's the fuss for? 'little old me?' nah, and I occassionally look around to see who its really for. Yeah I know self esteem not always at an all time high. But its wayyyyy better than it used to be. That's the positive with getting older, you just don't care anymore and focus on what makes you happy and your small world you live in.

1 comment:

lostintranslation said...

All those memes pretty much sum up how I feel about being ill haha