Monday, September 29, 2014

Hmm Guy #3

Yesterday I saw Guy #3 again for our second date. My attempts to do an activity over just sharing a meal failed. We met up at the Dumbo Art Fest. Thinking it might be the same event I attended a while back in a park somewhere in Brooklyn. But no, this was nestled by the water front and PACKed! It made the tourist scene at Times Square look like mere child's play. The cutie asked me to meet him by a carousel? So I waded through the mass with people constantly stopping dead front of me. Pure joy I tell you. Plus it was considerably warm and by the time I found the damn carousel I was sweating and red face. I could feel my cheeks were on fire and frankly it's embarrassing on a second date. This woman who left the Bronx looking cute and all ended up looking like a cherry tomato! Ay yi yi, since it was a mob scene with strollers about, it was clear to both of us we don't like that kind of crowds.
In a round about way we ended up in a nearby neighborhood that once again raised my body temp it was bad. I dunno what that cutie was thinking because he was no where as overheated as I. Did I look out of shape? Later in the date I eventually fessed up about how I had a sweat gland removed a while back and now my body over reacts when I'm too hot. And between you and me, I was also on day #2 of my period and proud of myself for not canceling the date entirely because of that. However I ended up with a raging headache that lasted well into today :(
Despite all of my physical discomfort in which I never complained about, he was aware of the headache but that's it. Anyways despite all that, I had a really nice time with him. He's certainly easy on the eyes and while he doesn't make me laugh, he is quick to laugh with me or at me when I'm funny which we all know is often. Especially when I'm in a good mood.
Now onto the nitty gritty break down of the date. I think at times we both were unsure of what to talk about? And I'm not the kind of woman who's uncomfortable with silence. In fact I think it's more than okay to be quiet and still be together. There was a lot of smiling and at the end of the date, a very sweet soft kiss that I really enjoyed before I turned away and headed to the A train :)
Guy #3 is very artistic, I was thoroughly impressed by the previous projects he had completed. Talented and clearly very patient. I also liked that he didn't have just one focus, some of the works I saw involved metals, others wood and so forth. I showed him one of my movies and he actually got the ending! :) I found out that he's very fluent in quite a few languages, I believe 5 or so, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian (?), I think currently he's in the process of acquiring French. Very impressive! He asked me some questions about ASL, that was fun. I like that he's brainy and focused.
He was excited to learn that I enjoy camping. It turned out he has already camped in the same camp ground as Lake Canopus. I also learned that there are 4 seasons tents, at which I originally thought he meant as a brand name. Heh no he meant the tent can be used all around the year. I replied my tent is from Wal-Mart ;)
So what happens nexts? I don't know, I'm not going to get too excited or thinking it's even going to lead to anything serious but for now it's nice to have gone out with a decent guy and actually enjoyed myself.

No comments: