Thursday, September 04, 2014

Back to reality

Today was the second day back to teaching. The first day yesterday went great, I was glad the 7 year curse of the "1st day of school" snafus! Things like the LCD projector not working or the copy machine has a long line of teachers waiting to use it so that by the time it was my turn the machine would be out of ink or paper or jammed etc etc.. that was a nice change to not have any snafus occur.
However today class went okay. I think it's because I'm annoyed by my current schedule even though it's not a major big deal, it is an economic inconvenience for me, cost of gas and tolls just to teach one class is annoying. Toppled with going to bed too late for me own good did not put me in the best of moods. Still it wasn't a bad first day for my third class. And starting next week I'll be meeting weekly with the new hiree to help get the program started. I'm very excited to be doing that. So maybe I should look at going to my job one extra day a week as a good thing. I'm definitely going to try. I think also I know it's going to be a bitch to get home on Thursdays. Perhaps I can go to Blondie home in NJ on Thursdays since she works Friday mornings in NJ anyways.
Tomorrow I definitely got to make some phone calls, something else I don't like doing. For example I got a bill for an unpaid toll charge even tho I had my EZ pass that automatically renews itself they claim I had insufficient funds so I just paid the stupid $60 & now I've received a new bull adding more penalty fees despite the fact I already paid is crazy so I gotta call and deal with whatever bullshit bureaucracy idiots by phone, grr
I also have to call and get the appointment with the rheumatologist changed to a day I'm off from work, more bullshit that no one likes to deal with.
Then when I'm done I can go out and DANCE. I just have to use that as an incentive to go out and DANCE and not feel like I'm neglecting important things.
Miss my family too hope to go in a few weeks.
This past week for the long holiday weekend I had a great time. I'm beginning to have respect for Brooklyn. For a long time I didn't enjoy going there for underground House Music etc etc but this past month I realized Brooklyn is cooler than I knew. Yet I still don't want to live there. I love my apartment and location. The only drawbacks to where I love honestly is the lack of food choices when it comes to ordering takeouts or sitting down to a meal. For that I can go in any directions and funds better good choices, be it south of me in Manhattan, west of me in NJ, north of me Yonkers and beyond, and west of me LI, Queens.
The other day I rearranged me bedroom and I really like it now. Change is needed.

No comments: