Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Things That Happen In 3s

After a fitful sleep this morning I finally willed myself out of bed.  

Eventually I did 5 lesson plans to wrap up my semester. Later today after I get another restless night of sleep. I must try to record at least 2-3 and post them. This should give my students ample time to study for the finals and free up some time to catch up on grading course work. 

I continued to add to the chaos here at Baba's home as I dismantle it. Very heartbreaking process and boy she sure had a lot of clothes! I honestly think I have half as much as she does/did. It will be good to unload approximately 10 large bags of clothes, shoes and purses to a local shelter. Her clothing is mostly LL Beans and Land's End. They'll be put to good use at least than just dropping them off at Goodwill where there is a profit to be made. Somehow I rather see her things be given freely to those in need. 

Earlier I watched a movie with one of Baba's friend and neighbor here. The movie was called Stardust (2007 version) and it was cute. It was good for me to get out of Baba's apartment for a bit. 

Later today at 11am I will meet the lady selling her 3 plots at the cemetery that Baba wanted. I am so thankful for my aunt informing me the local newspaper that people sell their plots! I will finally be able to make plans not only to put Baba's ashes to rest but my Mom's too and a spot reserved for when my time comes to. It gives me a little peace. 

A little Joe/Jo trifecta just occurred to me. See my friend Joe Joy's father just passed away on the 16th. So we have been keeping in touch, tonight Baba's friend's cats, one is name Joe and was all over me tonight. And later today the person I'm meeting to sell the plots is name Jo! I know, superstitious but I am a believer in things happening in 3s!

No comments: