Wednesday, December 16, 2020

1958 Buddy Holly's Everyday

As I sit less than 5 feet away from both my Mom's and Baba's ashes,  Buddy Holly's song Everyday plays on auto repeat. But I also bawled out my eyes so hard that my nose was throbbing afterwards! I don't think that's ever happened before!

I like to think it might be the pair of them whispering it into my mind's personal DJ!

Everyday, it's a-gettin' closer
Goin' faster than a roller coaster
Love like yours will surely come my way
A-hey, a-hey, hey
Everyday, it's a-gettin' faster
Everyone said, "Go up and ask her"
Love like yours will surely come my way
A-hey, a-hey, hey
Everyday seems a little longer
Every way, love's a little stronger
Come what may, do you ever long for
True love from me?
Everyday, it's a-gettin' closer
Goin' faster than a roller coaster
Love like yours will surely come my way
A-hey, a-hey, hey
Everyday seems a little longer
Every way, love's a little stronger
Come what may, do you ever long for
True love from me?
Everyday, it's a-gettin' closer
Goin' faster than a roller coaster
Love like yours will surely come my way
A-hey, a-hey, hey
Love like yours will surely come my way

Spent 7 hours grading 100 exams,  and another hour or 2 catching up on students video hmk etc..I will be so happy this Thursday to finally be relieved of work for a while and just be able to greive and pack up Baba's things! I only have till Jan 5th to finish up!

Was sick last week but feeling better now. And I was thankful that the COVID-19 nasal swab test was free and negative! Plus they didn't ram it up to my brain! I kind of stopped getting the nasal swab test because I would suffer from sinus headaches for days afterwards. I just got the antibody testing instead!

COVID-19 vaccine, I am always baffled by those who won't vaccinate! As the sticker that I bought for Baba which she loved ny a few years ago read Science doesn't give a fuck what you believe! That's it, science is the closet thing to a religion in my opinion. Because you have to face the facts and data and then proceed from there. 

No comments: