Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Acronyms mania!

Funny todays kids can't spell for sh*t but boy do they know acronyms! I copied and pasted the most commonly used acronyms when texting from a bit in AOL, a lot of these even I didn't know. The ones I knew are in bold (12 out of 25).

1. ADN = Any Day Now
2. AYS? = Are You Serious?
3. BFF = Best Friends Forever

4. BRB = Be Right Back
5. IDK= I Don't Know
6. IRL = In Real Life
7. ISO = In Search Of
8. JK = Just Kidding

9. K = OK
10. L8R = Later
11. LOL = Laughing Out Loud
12. MYOB = Mind Your Own Business
13. NIMBY = Not In My Back Yard
14. NP = No Problem
15. NW = No Way
16. OIC = Oh, I See
17. OMG = Oh My God
18. OMW = On My Way
19. POV = Point Of View
20. RBTL = Read Between The Lines
21. STBY = Sucks to be You
22. SWAK = Sealed With A Kiss
23. TTYL = Talk To You Later
24. UT? = You there?

25. WYWH= Wish You Were here

Earlier I read the most disturbing article about how the Lama is planning to bless critically ill cat which I think is great but in the article it included how someone tried to microwave a kitten! MY GOD! What is wrong with these sickos! I actually felt sick when I read it and I hope some day that monster gets toasted too. I just don't understand how these crazies can harm innocent animals, children and plants. It makes me so sad when I see stuff like this.

Speaking of cats during my recent visit with the family, we came to a decision that Tom my bastard kitty will remain with my Mom indefinitely. He's 12 years old now and my Mom can give him the attention he deserves. There's another cat there name Jupiter that he can play with and there's more room in my Mom's apt than there is in mine. At 1st I felt lousy at that idea as he's been by my side for 11 years. I felt like a parent who divorced and remarried and had new kids to forget about the old ones. But as Baba, Mom and Jack all pointed out, Tom wouldn't be happy returning to NYC. My apt is a lot smaller than Moms. He's used to having someone home all the time and he enjoys his life there. So Jack and I will adopt a new kitten in the fall. I want very much a deaf cat but Jack knows the odds are small. All I can do is contact the adoption places and see if they have any. It seems from what I've read/research most often deaf cats are albino. Jack wants a grey cat. I like them all as long as they have short hair due to my allergies. And as much as I love and miss Tom, he was NEVER a cuddly cat that you could hug and not worry about getting your arms/hands/face gnawed off. Besides Mom always updates me on Tom whenever she emails me so I know he's in good hands. I still feel like somewhat of a traitor but a real parent does whats best for their kids er in my case, cat.

No comments: