Thursday, July 31, 2008

Maine-ia!

Jack and I drove up to Maine on Friday. It was a LONG drive putting it midly.
We arrived to our site 505 and it was all GRAVEL & Rocks, huh? Where was the
grass? Lucky for us Eddie and Blondie site was a lot nicer and more private that
we drove our stuff with the tent on top of the car to their site 407. The sun was
setting by the time we fired up the grill. Hamburgers and bratwurst was on the menu. The photos in this post were taken by Knob, I have a few on Jack's laptop to transfer later on tonight or tmw.


Then we went down to join the other deafies. I was so happy to see everyone,
Lori, Michelle, Amy and ofc Ronnie. Her son is so much bigger and looks like a
toddler now, not a baby. Wow how time flies. We didn't stay very long bc we were
all tired from the drive up there.


Saturday, the 4 of us (Jack, Eddie & Blondie) we all went to look for break-
fast and ended up at Friendlys, delish! I was a bad girl and had a happy ending
Peanut Butter sundea at 1030-11am. Its never too early for the following
3 things in my book
1. Diet coke (aka coffee)
2. Chocolate
3. Ice cream!
Afterwards we hit the local wal-mart to pickup some more items for our camp.
Next we went to a flea market which was cool and had a lot of memoriablia and it was HOT!
Butt
it wasn't so nice when Eddie was looking at coin collections at one table when some local idiot came up to him and the coin dealer to inquire about "Klan" coins. Yep can you believe how outwardly racist this was?! And until that happened I never even knew of Klan coins or that each state has their own edition, that's pretty f*cked up in my book!

After that we headed back to camp and I got the chance to spend some 1:1 time with
Ronnie.

Then Jack and I went to the lake and wadded with the duckies. It was very nice.

For dinner Jack and I had filet Miagon w/bacon wrapped around it courtesy of wal-mart. Blondie and Eddie, NY steaks, ofc!

We all then went back to the main area where Ronnie and the others were. It
didn't go as well as the night before when we first arrived. Jack was sitting in a dark area, making it hard to see him. Plus 1 of the campers who's known for mooching was getting on Jacks last nerve. Because right before that Eddie & Jack went to the restroom area and as they were leaving some jackasses called their attention over and promptly bent over to fart really loud and laugh at them. So when they got back to the rest of us, they both were on edge. One girl asked Jack what nationality he was and that was the final straw, plus I snapped at him when he tried to tell me the moocher undercooked the hot dogs or whatever and I replied I wouldn't eat it but Jack didn't hear me and kept repeating how I shouldn't eat it and I snapped because I felt like he was being way too serious for what was suppose to be a fun night around the camp fire. I didn't realize how rattled Jack was by the several racist experience until he told me in details the next day. I wish he had told me when they occurred so I would've kept that in mind and interacted with him in a more supportive, caring way. He ended up leaving and I stayed behind but the mood was killed for me. I felt bad because I felt like I was a downer bringing the others down with me.
Sunday we drove back, we argued some and made up. Nothing to really elaborate, we just know that Jack and Maine do not mix. I will go back next year for their Timberfest with the girls because I had fun when I went a few years ago. The trip was tooooooo short for such a looooong drive.

This week I am finally getting some serious job inquiries. I even found out one of my old jobs back in MD is hiring and even though I do not want to move, if they interview me and offer me a decent salary, I may have to consider moving. This though is a long shot and I am not really thinking about it unless they contact me for an interview and then go from there.

Saw Blondie and Szymanski last night, it was nice to be with the girls. I missed Szymanski and we recently became friends again. We haven't talked about the issues yet but when the time is right, I do want to sit down and just hammer out some key areas for both of us so that we don't have more problems/drama in the future. I know a few people who aren't happy with this decision but its my decision to choose my friends accordingly and I am happier with her in my life than without.

Lately I have been working on doing things the way I like to and increasing my over all sense of happiness and peace. I just was stuck in a rut for a while now and I am determine not to continue living in a way that makes me miserable.

This weekend I must go to storage and put some things away as well as retrieve some things. Nothing exciting but it has to be done. Saturday night I will meet up with the girls to do something fun. Kinda reward myself for working all day Saturday.

No comments: