Sunday, February 22, 2009

Baba said it right

As well all know, no one can make us happy. But some people can sure make us UNhappy. I don't feel like going into details as to why I wrote that. Let's just say it casted a dark cloud over my weekend because it happened at the beginning of it. I have managed to shake most of it off, and I'm just glad tmw is Monday for a change. Work always makes me feel better because I can lose myself and not mull over whatever it is that's bothering me.

In other news, I managed to score pretty good at my most recent visit to Goodwill. 4 pairs of work pants, pah. None have to be dry clean. A penny saved a penny earned.

I had another subject come yesterday. I really liked this one. Her background was so unusual and we hit it off like old friends. An artist and has her own studio too. Invited me to come by sometime. I may just take her up on her offer.

I was also able to find a guest photographer for next's month DPHH. His name is Steve and he and I worked together for MICA last june. A real sweetheart. You can see his work here. Anyhoo I accepted a 2 day gig for media that same weekend as DPHH and the $ is too good to turn down.

Tonight I am assessing video hmks. I have decided to email my students their hmk grades and feedback rather than type up individual papers, print them out, etc., etc.. Being a teacher its cool to see how your technique for teaching changes as time marches forward. I LOVE my job!

No comments: