Monday, May 11, 2009

Had to kick out some "squatting" Ants

Early today Blondie and I met up with Knob for lunch. It was so good to see her! She just returned from her 4 month stay in Africa. I am so proud of Knob, she is phenomenal and a true dear. We hope to take the bus upstate next weekend and stay with her for a few days. Both Blondie and I are screaming for a mini-break!

This weekend I attended my cousin's bar mitzvah. It was the first time I had been to one. I saw 2 cousins who I hadn't seen in 22 years! Cousin Danny (this was his son's bar mitzvah) and cousin Jeff. I was so glad cousin Jeff was around. I stuck on him like white on rice. He is a very social person and immediately put me to ease. The party took place at the posh W Hotel. Boy, it was like going to a wedding! I had a wonderful time and it was so nice to see that side of the family again. I plan to keep in touch with both of my cousins.

Not much is new, I just finished grading my students' final exams and I am still adjusting to not having so much pressure in my life. Later this week, media is closed so I will use the free time to do some serious cleaning at the apt. For the past 7-8 weeks, my apt has gone to hell in a hand basket. As a matter of fact, I have ants now and I have swept the flooor free of any food bits or crumbs they seem to have relocated. That's right if the ants don't pay any rent, they do not get to be my roommates. No siree! Guys [ants] I know you're hard workers but no money = no stay!

Been missing my Jack rabbit a lot more now that I actually have time to think. We talk by phone every week but it doesn't satisfy me sometimes. He had hope to be back by early June but one of the tests he has to take (the last one) may not be offered till mid-to late June! Ugh we both are not happy about waiting longer but he wants to finish up and I do too. Jack seems like he's changed somewhat. He seems much more relaxed and easy-going these days. I guess the time apart did us both a lot of good. But HURRY UP! I am tired of waitingggggggggggggggg!

No comments: