Friday, May 01, 2009

My never ending quest for CC online options

This morning I read in the paper that the disneychannel will be partnering up with hulu.com about adding media content. I am happy to know that hulu.com viewing database is growing but of course I immediately wondered if the media will be closed captioned?

so here's what I did, I went to the disney website contact us page (if you use their contact form, make sure you check the one for I want to ask a question not the one for leave a comment) and wrote to them the below email;

Hi
I recently read in the papers today that the disney channel will be working with Hulu.com about adding viewing content to this site. I am deaf and use Hulu.com extensively because its really the only place on the internet that provides closed captioning or subtitles. I would like to know if your company will be providing captioned options with the shows they share with hulu.com? Its important you not forget us and millions of other people who rely on closed captioning.
Thank you and I appreciate your time in regards to my query
-DC

I will of course let you know what becomes of this.

In my next post I will write of my thesis adventures! And YES the pink slip was signed for the approval of my masters of arts project. Its official, I have a master degree!!!!

No comments: