Friday, May 29, 2009

Is Lady Luck on my side?

Right now I have a new addiction. You see
every few months, I change from 1 small
"sideline" obsession to another. For the
past decade I've enjoy getting freebies
of various products. Anywhere from
shampoo samples, to small toothpaste, or
granola bars, bottle openers, maxi pads or
tampoons, paper products, free address
labels, t-shirts, books, magazines, tea bags,
condoms, toilet paper samples, paper towel
samples, ziploc baggies, airborne otc tablets,
and so on. I highly recommend 2 sites if you
like free samples of things without having
to participate in the "gold, silver or platium"
bullshit! Go to both;
www.mysavings.com (you do have to register
but they do not email harass you at all!)
www.shop4freebies.com
All the other sample sites are spam infested
and not worth your time.

So now I've moved on the sweepstakes. I have
had my share of good luck over the years. I
remember once at a Dennys or IHop, my
friend Sorry and I were waiting for a table or
paying our bill to leave, not sure which? But
you know how sometimes at the cash register
there's a small fish bowl full of water and other
small props and people drop coins to
try and land in 3 coveted spot inside the bowl?
And your coin always floats by these spots,
just almost making it in but at the last
second the water itself glides your coin away?
Well mine actually landed in the spot where
I won the $25 meal gift certificate. I've also won
last year a gift certificate to a nearby sushi
place at work and this year also at work I won
2 free movie tickets to be used any time.
I once back in MD at a convience store found
$20 on the candy rack right by the cash register.
Another time, it was sort of pathetic but I
attended a tupperware party (that's not the
pathetic part, tupperware rules!)
The hostess planned 3 little games for us
attendees to win small tupperware prizes.
Guess who won all 3 at the time?! That's
why it was pathetic for the woman around me!
And was I ever invited back? Nope.

So what the hell? Right? I can try my luck
with contest and sweepstakes? I of course
do not involve myself with any that require
purchases. But rather most of them want to
send you their newsletters. Its better to
create and use 1 email account for this purpose.
I did so previously with my hotmail like 7 yrs
ago. But now I need to create a new one for
my current addiction. And if I win any, ill deAfinitely post about it!

Tmw (friday-Its after midnight but
I haven't slept yet so in my world tmw
hasn't happend. But the blog post has
it labeled differently)
Anyways I'm headed down to MD! Its been
TOO LONG! Afterall, it was my
2nd home as a teenager and my
college years! I didn't move from MD
until the year I turned 30. Funny I do
miss the Deaf social life there but not DC
itself. I did enjoy my time in Greenbelt
and Laurel, MD a lot. My friend Karen
is picking me up from the bus station in
DC tmw late afternoon. And we will eat Ledo's
pizza as per my request! I joke to Jack that
Ledo's pizza a small family chain back in MD
would give NY a run for its money when it
comes to delicious pizza! My mouth is
watering just thinking about it :]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For an alternative email account, try Yahoo.com. Very easy to open. Enjoy your weekend with Karen. Love, Baba