Tuesday, May 05, 2009

I am a panther

Not a sheep, I don't say baaaaaaa! and follow the herd mentality.

The past few days with this company and the people involved with the issue has been trying to say in the least. I am about to cave in and just do as the company wants.

I don't agree with the idea behind it but on the other hand I am not getting much support from the person who originated the idea.

I want to do the right thing, the fair thing. Not just nod my head in compliance because someone tells me to.

In other news, tmw Blondie and I hand in our hard copy of our thesis. I also sat down earlier tonight to write my acknowledgment page. I can't believe its almost over?! That in 2 weeks I will be officially a woman with her masters degree. No longer do I have to write down on my resume or class syllabuses, that I am a masters candidate.

Last night was the wrap up class. This Thursday I will give my students their final. So that's another area in my life that's coming to a close. It feels weird not to have so much pressure in my life. I've already noticed how much happier I am and around my co-workers.

This Friday night my work will have a social event at a nearby bar. Blondie and I agreed to go to celebrate the end of our thesis and invited Szymanski to join the fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right, Jenny. Not every battle is worth fighting. Baba