Tuesday, June 01, 2010

ASL video headaches!

Well, as much as I am enjoying this class
I am teaching. The grading of ASL videos
has turned into a real headache! Its hard
to gauge how much I should assess them?
And it takes time to watch and grade them.
Jack kept joking "just give them all Fs!"
Hardy har har...
I will deAfinitely make changes to this
course next summer should they ask me to
teach it again. What's worst is I thought
I would have some time after the last
class this Thurs to finish them up. But NO,
I must have the final grades done by next
Tues at noon! Ay yi yi, I was hoping for
free time this weekend since I spent most
of my weekend either sleeping off this stupid
cold, helping out at my Grandmother's home
or grading! But its got to be done! I am
headed home now and plan to take a quick
cat nap and get right back to grading! I WILL
finish them!

In other news, Baba is recovering, slowly but
surely. It was such a relief to see her with my
own 2 eyes! And it was a pleasure to help her
in any way she wanted. Jack and I had a nice
time. We were all in good company, being sick
and sleeping a lot. Both my uncles stopped by
on separate occasions and I always enjoy their
company!

Jack and I plan to return this weekend as well.
Baba still needs some help and to be honest
I would like more time with my family. Especially
Mom! Which I didn't get to see this weekend.
She's my competition when it comes to
playing cards. We're both extremely competitive
and don't believe in letting others win. What's
the fun in that?! Plus she's an awesome cook!

Jack and I did get a chance to use his grill
for steaks and corn on the cob, yum!

Not much else is new, these past 3 weeks
have been WORK, WORK, WORK! I just
can't wait to be DONE!

If I can get it all done (the grades) then
this Saturday my aunt Nancy, Uncle David
will come with Jack and me to Adam's Town
to check out the toy robot museum! We
love cheesey, campy stuff like that. I used
the website "Roadside America" which is
also a book that you can enter a location
and it maps out nearby "kitchsy" stuff to see
and do! Try it!

No comments: