Friday, June 18, 2010

No guts, no glory!

Ahoy mateys!
Its the final night at West River DB camp
and we had a fantastic party, in which the
theme was Pirates & Under the Sea!

Today my friend and camper decided we should
ride the boat (motor) in the lake and then hit the
pool. The weather was absolutely gorgeous!
We lucked out we hardly had any rain all week!

:]

I made some awesome new friends, Peggy
& FF! They were the best, next to Jess & Erin.
I hadn't laugh so hard in years with Peggy &
FF story telling, funieeeeeeeeeee. I also enjoyed
MW & RB, Martin's friends too. I totally made
the right decision to come. Sure it was a lot of
work and ill spend all day Saturday sleeping
or watching movies with Baba but it got me
out of my NY state of mind.

Not to worry, more good times on the way.
I can't wait to finally see Mom on Sunday! And
have some of her home cooked meals. I am
gaga for her chicken and meatballs over rice.
Plus her pot roast and chicken pot pie, yummy!
Her chicken pot pie recipes uses real
homemade noodles which I hope this summer
she can teach me how to make the noodles
as its a LOT of work but the end results,
delicious! I am also spoiled by Baba's stove
top chicken bbq dinner and her Greek lemon
soup too! I best stop talking about all of these
meals my mouth is watering!

Tmw I leave at 730am. The reason why is
another DB camper has a 10:25am flight & needs
an SSP to help her around BWI, my flight to
Lancaster leaves at 11:05am. Not a problem
I am happy to help. I know Baba will take one
look at me and tell me to take a nap when I get
there. She won't have to work hard to convince me!

So as the saying "No Guts, No Glory" fit the camp
theme. Because if you don't have the guts to
commit your time, to a worthy cause, you
deserve no glory in my opinion! Not that I
did this to get a gold star but you have to be
willing to get out of your comfort zone and
try new things. Your life is a story book and
you're the author, dare to try new things!

1 comment:

Angélica said...

http://blogdaangelik.blogspot.com