Thursday, June 24, 2010

EDT 10th anniversary!

Proof I didn't get burned!
Yesterday was my 1st day at Eastern
Deaf Timberfest, *yay-Deaf applause*
FUN! Brought my new DB friend And-Y
to keep me company. What a day! The temps
I was told neared 90s-95! W00t! We swam
at the camp ground pool 2xs! And lucky for
me I didn't get burned! *whew!*
We missed most of the competitions as that
occurred in the a.m.. But I was happy to run
into old faces from MSD (Danny & his wife
Hazel-a real sweet couple!) made a few new
friends today as well during Dingo (Deaf
Bingo) one of the Markel brothers. The
Markel family help found EDT back in 1994!
And it takes place every 2 years. For dinner
I also ate an awesome pulled bbq beef
sandwich a local favorite in my hometown
with home cut fries (not the crap you get
in most places but honest to god/goodness
french fries cooked in LARD-yummy) and
I imagine Baba is silently retching as she reads
this but what can I say, I am a sucker for
PA-dutch fries!

Later today Blondie arrives, whee! Can't
wait to catch up with her and hit the camp
ground late afternoon. Plus I want to share
my adventures from last week's DB camp
and she share hers from her PR vacation!

Missing my Jack Rabbit still, hurry up
July 2nd! A girl can only take so much
separation from her man :}

No comments: