Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Challah bread

Today at the West River Deaf-blind camp
where I am volunteering at, we made
Challah bread! My 1st time :] this week
so far has been great! The camp caters
to both Gentiles and Jews, obviously
since the retreat center is Christian based
there are way more Gentiles but surprisingly
a few DB Jewish campers and SSPs such as myself!
Fun! Met a deaf Rabbi name Fred Friedman,
nice man.

Yesterday we went to 6-Flags in MD, and
it was a blast! My camper for the day wanted
the wild rides so off we went. My favorite was
the "bat wing" in Gothom City area where
we spent a lot of the ride upside down!
The Superman rollercoaster pretty good too.
I think my favorite part of the amusement park
was when the DB campers had a chance to
meet various characters from Looney Tunes
like Sylvester the Cat, Bugs Bunny, the
Rooster name Foghorn Leghorn. And also
DC comic characters such as Flash Gordon,
Batman's sidekick Robin too! The campers
had time to feel the costumes and the delight
on their faces is something ill never forget.
Its a tactile world they live in, 3-D is the only
way to go!

Monday, my camper and I saw for 2 hours!
Got me some much needed sun, pah!

I deAfinitely plan to come back next year!
I will also try to recruit some of my deaf
friends to volunteer with me too. Lifes too short
not to. So far I think this is my favorite
DB camp yet! I like it even better than the one in Seattle!

1 comment:

didi said...

Temporada de inverno em Campos do Jordão, uma excelente pedida para estas férias.